Thursday, February 7, 2019

Tasting - Ch des Arnauds

Name: Ch des Arnauds
Variety: Rose - 50/50 blend of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: Bordeaux
Country: France
Year: 2017
Price: $7.95
Shop review: Medium pink salmon. Reticent nose of minerals, flowers, and a hint of red berries. Savory, serious, and spicy in the mouth with minerals and red currants showing. A 50/50 blend of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon from 30+ year old vines. This is a serious, food wine with a good backbone.
My review: The smell of this wine reminded me of the smell of fresh tires. Not in a super bad way, bu that's the first thing I thought of. This wine was sweeter than the one I had previously tried, the Cantina Villafranca. However, I thought it was slightly less refreshing. I'm normally not a fan of sweet wines like this.
I did not have food with this wine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Voyager Point

Name: Voyager Point Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon Region: California,  Country: USA Year: 2016 Price: 9.99 Shop Review: from...