Sunday, April 28, 2019

Tasting - Apothic Red






Name: 
Apothic Red
Variety: Zinfandel, merlot, syrah, cabernet sauvignon
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2014
Price: $8
Shop review: back of label says "layers of dark red fruit complemented by hints of vanilla and mocha"
My review: This wine had bold aromas of fruit on my nose that complimented the fairly strong taste of mocha. I thought these went well together, and the mild tannins in the back helped prevent it from simply tasting like a chocolate covered strawberry. I did not pick up on any notes of vanilla, but I was also in a very causal environment with friends while drinking this, and more focused on conversation than examining every flavor. Overall a delicious blend that I would buy again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Voyager Point

Name: Voyager Point Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon Region: California,  Country: USA Year: 2016 Price: 9.99 Shop Review: from...