Sunday, April 28, 2019

Tasting - Le Pur Fruit Du Causse





Name: Le Pur Fruit Du Causse 
Variety: Malbec
Region: Cahors
Country: France
Year: 2017
Price: $15
Shop review: from a review online, "Fab fruity nose, all raspberry, plum and spice. Also a bit of black fruit on tasting, leather, spice. A very vibrant Malbec. Yum! This would be very good friendly I suspect.
My review: I apparently did not like this wine as much as the reviewers did! It was incredibly complex and hard for me to drink despite it being fairly low tannins. It was really spicy and reminded me of when I made wings in the smoker but accidentally put way too much salt and pepper in the dry rub. The fruit flavor was also very very strong. I didn't get a lot of depth of flavor from the wine - just strong raspberry and strong spice. Maybe my pallet isn't adjusted enough yet to be able to enjoy these flavors :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Voyager Point

Name: Voyager Point Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon Region: California,  Country: USA Year: 2016 Price: 9.99 Shop Review: from...