Sunday, April 14, 2019

Tasting - Micossi



Name: Micossi
Variety: Ramandolo, a local variety of the Verduzzo grape
Region: Tarcento
Country: Italy
Year: 2016
Price: free :)

Shop review: No shop review, but I found an online review saying that this table wine is delicate, balanced, elegant, fruity, with pleasant hints of wild flowers and green apple with a typical bitter almond aftertaste.

My review: I have been waiting to open this bottle of wine for awhile. It was given to me from the winemaker himself when I visited their winery with friends this winter break. It meant a lot to me that he would give me a bottle that usually goes for over $100 in the states. I thought this wine was very sweet. I had the change to try his red wines at his winery and enjoyed them much more to be honest. However, I would love to have this wine with dessert. Despite the sweetness, it was balanced with a nice bitter aftertaste. Normally, I am overwhelmed by sweet wines and only want a couple tastes. With this, however, I kept drinking more.

I did not have food with this wine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Voyager Point

Name: Voyager Point Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon Region: California,  Country: USA Year: 2016 Price: 9.99 Shop Review: from...