Sunday, April 14, 2019

Tasting - Castellani



Name: Castellani
Variety: Sangiovese
Region: Tuscany
Country: Italy
Year: 2014
Price: $12.99
Shop review: Found in a review online, "Plenty of wild strawberries and ripe red cherries to this sangiovese as well as treacle, cedar and Christmas cake. Medium-full body, round tannins and a fruit forward, juicy finish." 
My review: I have no idea what this reviewer meant when he said this wine tasted like christmas cake. I thought this wine was ok. It lacked a deeper flavor that I was looking for, but was easy to drink, which I was also looking for. I did pick up the cherry taste which balanced the sangiovese. Overall, I don't think I would buy this wine again.
I did not have food with this wine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Voyager Point

Name: Voyager Point Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon Region: California,  Country: USA Year: 2016 Price: 9.99 Shop Review: from...