Sunday, April 21, 2019

Tasting - Iron Horse




Name: Iron Horse Chambourcin - cinder snapper
Variety: Chambourcin
Region: Allisonia, VA
Country: USA
Year: unknown
Price: $20
Shop review: from the back of the bottle, "aromas of ripe plums and rich cherries, augmented by entrancing flavors of black raspberry and blueberry, with hints of black tea and dates. emerging in the lingering finish. Pair this wine with tomato based pasta dishes, pizza, barbecue, game, roasted meats, lamb dishes, and chocolate."

My review: The easiest way to sum up this wine for me is "YUM". A few fruity wine that was easy to drink, this moderately sweet wine had lots of fruity notes. The flavor of raspberry and black tea were the strongest for me, and lasted for awhile with the aftertaste. While this wine was fairly dry, it was smooth and medium-bodied. While I didn't have any chocolate with me when I tasted this, I totally see how it would pair extremely well with some nice milk chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Voyager Point

Name: Voyager Point Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon Region: California,  Country: USA Year: 2016 Price: 9.99 Shop Review: from...