Sunday, April 21, 2019

Wine Lab Tasting - Avantis

Image result for NV Avantis Melitis Muscat a Petit Grains


Name: NV Avantis Melitis Muscat a Petit Grains
Variety: Melitis
Region: Evia
Country: Greece
Year: N/A
Price: $18
Shop review: "Bright gold color, with complex, concentrated aroma of roses, honey, orange blossom, and herbs with nuances of candy. The sweetness on the palate is supported by high acidity, full body, and intense flavors of roses, honey, peach, caramel, candy, toffee, and butter. It has a silky texture and long finish."

My review: The first thing I noticed about this wine was the HUGE aroma of mandarin oranges. It was striking, and so strong that I could have sworn that I was sticking my nose into a bowl of fruit salad. The taste offered strong flavors of honey above all others, with the mandarin orange flavor still present behind it. It was also very full-bodied, which further contributed to the impression of honey. Furthermore, this wine had enough acid with it that it didn't have the sticky aftertaste feeling that I often get with other super-sweet wines. The feeling in the back of my mouth and throat was simply refreshing, and left me feeling like I could have another glass

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Voyager Point

Name: Voyager Point Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon Region: California,  Country: USA Year: 2016 Price: 9.99 Shop Review: from...