Sunday, April 21, 2019

Wine Lab Tasting - Gavalas



Name: Gavalas PGI Cyclades Mavrotragano
Variety: Mavrotragano
Region: Cycladic Islands
Country: Greece
Year: 2016
Price: $52
Shop review: "having gone through one year in oak barrels, it is deep purple in color, with noticeable acidity and concentrated aromas of cherry, blackberry and tobacco. Rich and dense on the palate, it is full-bodied with spicy notes, velvety tannins, and an undertone of minerality."

My review: This is definitely the most expensive wine I've ever tasted - and it did not disappoint. This wine had deeper and more interesting flavors than what I am accustomed to. It was very acidic with huge raspberry flavors. Besides the raspberry, the largest flavor that I picked up was the strong minerality. Also picked up hints of spices, specifically freshly ground pepper. This was was absolutely. I would love to drink this with dinner every night, as I think the flavors would complement a nice pasta or red meat dish very well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Voyager Point

Name: Voyager Point Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon Region: California,  Country: USA Year: 2016 Price: 9.99 Shop Review: from...